Value Chain Metrics Workshop
Understanding demand, service and inventory metrics - presented
by Mark Chockalingam, Ph. D.
On demand: on-site workshop at your location, or as a public
training course - To schedule a customized on-site workshop,
The objective of this workshop is to review the
inter-relationship between the various supply chain metrics –
customer service metrics, inventory metrics and forecast accuracy.
The workshop will also look at the mechanics behind the various
metrics and how designing holistic metrics will help you to align
incentives and address different behavioral biases.
You Will Learn:
Understand the importance of a balanced Value Chain
Key components of a Performance Measurement process
Understand the mechanics and calculation of Customer Service
and Inventory Metrics including First Time Fill Rates, Order
complete, Inventory Turns and Obsolete Inventory
How to Measure and use forecast Metrics in improving Value
How to understand and address organizational bias?
How Demand Volatility affects behavior of Demand and Supply
How to set up a balanced Metrics system and align Incentives
- Value Chain Balance - Overview
- Performance Metrics and Incentive Alignment
- Review of Customer Service Metrics
- Inventory Metrics
- Forecast Performance Metrics
- Incentive effects of Demand Volatility
- Goal Alignment using Metrics
Detailed Outline of The Workshop
Value Chain Overview
- Value Chain Balance - Introduction
- Demand and Supply Chain
- How do you align the Value Chain?
- Organization Questions
- Inventory Turns - Productivity
- Dead and Obsolete - The Slobs
Value Chain Performance
- How to Measure Value Chain Performance?
- Customer Service Metrics
- Cost to Serve Metrics
- Asset Productivity Metrics
Effects of Demand Volatility
- Is MAPE a questionable measure?
- Incentivizing Demand Planners
- Identifying forecast Bias when there is persistent
- Demand Management
- Mechanics of Service Metrics
- First-time Fill Rate
- Percent Order Complete
- The Road to 99.5%
- Inventory and Execution Route
- Demand Planning Excellence
- Incentive Alignment using Metrics
- How to measure the Demand Chain?
- Financial Forecast versus Demand Plan
- How to measure the Supply Chain?
- Alternative control metrics
To schedule a customized on-site workshop, please